Vertical Field is an Agtech company that develops innovative vertical farming technology.
What we’re looking for?
We are looking for an energetic Farms Operator, who has the desire to be part of our innovative and value-added project and is excited to share our vision and be part of starting this activity in Austria.
- Responsible for managing and operating our indoor vertical farms in Austria.
- The job includes the total operation of the farm in all its aspects: Daily operation of the farms, Computer, and control systems, harvesting, sowing and more.
- Protect the health of our plants by applying basic plant protection measures.
- Interfaces with customers and consumers, collecting information and data from the field and presenting them to management.
- Keeping the point of sale stands squeaky-clean and reporting back on any issues.
- Report on customer feedback, questions and make recommendations on how we can improve in store to meet customer needs.
- Involved in marketing operations and support the marketing team.
- Experience in agriculture / gardening or any other relevant field – required.
- Operational experience and field work.
- Flexible with a pro-active attitude and hands-on approach, Ability to work independently, while being a solid team- player.
- Very strong organization skills and high attention to details, neat and responsible.
- Service oriented And a Strong communications skill.
- Degree in agriculture or another relevant profession – an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid driver´s license.
- Technical background, handy man – an advantage (Can solve technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans).
- Team player – A real people person, someone who exudes enthusiasm and passion.
- Honest and with high level of integrity.